travel // writing // life goals
My 32 Things To Do Before I’m 30:
I’m a list person. I like packing lists, I like to-do lists, I like destination lists, I like bucket lists… Anyone who has ever been on a road trip with me will know how geeky I get about itineraries – which are basically just lists with dates attached.
So of course, I couldn’t resist making this one. It started out as a ’30 before 30′ list – but since I’m the sort of person who always bites of a bit more than she can chew, I’ve ended up with 32.
At the time of writing, I felt like I was floating between life paths. I was working through my life week by week (sometimes all 7 days) and seeing my life disappearing right in front of me, with little to no time spent on my own personal goals.
I needed to force myself to break that up. To take an extended tea break, as it were.
Before my 30th birthday (in 2020, if you’re wondering), I’m aiming to complete the following:
- Publish a poetry pamphlet
- Write & publish a Mills & Boon style novel (because let’s face it, why not?!)
- Travel to Antarctica
- Travel to at least 5 new countries
- Visit Lizzie in Barcelona
- Visit Jessi in Portland, Oregon
- Drive around Iceland’s Route 1
- Island hopping in the Pacific
- Take a solo trip that lasts at least a month
- Spend at least a week at the Edinburgh Fringe
- Visit Ireland
- Road trip the coast of California
- Drive a convertible (roof down)
- Take a road trip in a camper van
- Go on a writing retreat by the sea
- Go to a music festival
- Order room service
- Hold a conversation in Spanish
- Climb a mountain
- Undertake (and complete) a multi-day walk
- Be able to run a mile without collapsing / seizing up / giving up and walking
- Do 30 sit-ups in a row
- Take a photography course
- Bake at least one cake
- Knit or crochet something (anything will do)
- Make an item of clothing, which is acceptable to wear in public and doesn’t fall apart
- Own (and have reason to wear) a full length ball gown
- Give cards / chocolates / flowers to a stranger / strangers on Valentine’s Day
- Buy a piece of original artwork
- Finish reading The Well of Loneliness
- Reach 1000 twitter followers (you can help with this one here)
Do you have a list of things to achieve before you’re 30 (or any other significant date)?